Has one or more of your teeth been damaged due to decay, or as a result of an accident? Then it is likely that our dental office will recommend a crown procedure as a solution.
Crowns are customized dental fittings which cover the entire surface of a tooth that has been cracked or damaged. Not only will a crown cover up any damage inflicted to a tooth, it can also protect the tooth from further damage by covering up the problem area and making the tooth stronger.
Has one or more of your teeth been damaged due to decay, or as a result of an accident? Let our team evaluate your teeth to see if a crown procedure is advisable.
When Do You Need a Crown?
If you have any of the following issues, you may need a crown covering your damaged tooth:
- Large cavities- As a replacement for large fillings. If your cavity is large enough, then your dentist may choose to install a crown to prevent irreversible breakage to your natural tooth.
- Root Canals- Finalizing a root canal. Adding a crown is often the last step in completing a root canal procedure.
- Broken teeth- Broken or cracked teeth are common issues which can be resolved with a crown.
- Decaying teeth- If you have neglected your dental care, or if your mouth is simply prone to decay, then a crown may be the best solution for your issues.
- Aesthetic Issues- Cosmetic enhancement. Crowns can be used to correct aesthetic issues such as uneven teeth and gaps between teeth.
What Can You Expect When You Get a Crown?
Having a crown installed often requires two visits to your dental office in Anderson, SC, and is usually broken down the following way:
- First visit. Your dentist will create molds or your mouth and teeth, which will be used to create your custom-fitted crown. These molds will also act as temporary crowns and will cover up the problem area in your mouth until the final product can be produced. During this time, the dentist will perform a thorough cleaning of your teeth, removing any decay and sculpting the surface of your tooth so that the crown will fit perfectly when it is installed.
- Second visit. Your second visit will involve removing the temporary crown and cementing the final restoration.
They are happy and have the brightest smile
“I was very impressed with how friendly and helpful everyone was. I love the location, its very convenient to where I work so making it very easy to visit during my lunch hour. Just a great experience, would definitely recommend”
“After moving around the country the last few years I am embarrassed to admit making time for dentist appointments was not a high priority. I went in for a check up and cleaning today and they made me feel very comfortable and welcome. My cleaning was more than a bit over due and I was expecting
to be very sore after. Just the opposite, she was very gentle and understating of my procrastination. I made my next appointments with no hesitation. Pleasant experience and that says a lot when it refers to a dentist appointment”
“Couldn’t be happier! The staff are so friendly and personable; appointments are quick yet thorough. The best service I’ve ever received at a dentist office.”
“The staff is wonderful and extremely helpful!!! I did not hesitate to refer my family and friends.”
“Great dentist office in awesome location…staff is extremely nice, professional, and accommodating. Would definitely recommend this office to anyone looking for a new dentist.”
“I am so happy I decided to pick Carolina Oaks as my new Dentist! They are so friendly. If you need a new dentist, go here! You won’t regret it!”
The Carolina Oaks Anderson, SC office is located next to Starbucks, near Publix in the Anderson Pavillion
1645 East Greenville Street
Anderson, SC 29621
Phone : (864) 261-3132
Email : email@example.com
Monday – Thursday
8:30am – 1:00pm
2:00pm – 5:30pm