Dental veneers are used to bond to the front of your teeth and improve the shape and appearance of a tooth which has become damaged or discolored.
Veneers, which may also be called porcelain veneers or dental laminates, are custom-made shells which can change the shape, color, length, or size of a tooth to correct any problems or flaws which may be present. These simple procedures can be performed by your trusted dentist in Anderson, SC. The experienced and gentle staff at Carolina Oaks Dental Care will make sure to keep you comfortable and relaxed while they work to perfect you smile.
How Are Dental Veneers Made?
A dental veneer can be made from a variety of materials, depending on the intended use of the veneer.
Some veneers are made from porcelain. These veneers are more stain-resistant than other types of veneers and appear more natural in photos because porcelain reflects the light in a manner similar to how the enamel on our natural teeth reflects the light.
Thinner veneers are often made with resin. These veneers are most often used when the tooth does not need to be modified before the veneer will be put in place, making them an additional alternative which your dentists may offer.
What Do Veneers Do?
Dental veneers can be used to resolve a variety of common dental issues, including:
- Worn out teeth. If a patient suffers from bruxism (grinding of the teeth), then their teeth may result in becoming worn down. Placing new veneers can restore the original shape and appearance of natural teeth.
- Discoloration and staining. Over time, a patient’s teeth may become discolored or stained. This may be due to excessive fluoride, the presence of resin fillings, or even as a result of a root canal procedure.
- Fill in gaps between the teeth. Veneers can be placed over a patient’s existing teeth to fill any unsightly gaps between teeth.
- Irregular or misaligned teeth. If a patient’s teeth are misshapen, or if their teeth are uneven, then veneers may solve the issue.
- Chipped or broken teeth. Veneers are common procedures for patients who have sustained damage to one or more of their front teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Veneers?
Choosing porcelain or resin veneers can have a positive impact on your life, helping you with the following issues:
- Hiding dental irregularities. Dental veneers can solve or mask existing problems with teeth such as gaps, crooked teeth, or teeth which have been worn down from grinding at night.
- Whiter, brighter teeth. If your teeth are discolored due to a root canal or have become stained as a result of smoking or drinking black tea or coffee, then porcelain veneers can help your smile appear whiter.