Dental bridges are a great way to not only restore your smile, but make everyday activities, such as talking and eating, much easier. Read below to learn more and see if a dental bridge is the right solution for your smile.
Many patients who lose one or more teeth can benefit from speaking to our staff about how a dental bridge procedure can help improve their smile and restore their natural bite.
Dental bridges, commonly referred to as “bridges,” are procedures which use a combination of crowns and false teeth to create the impression of a full, natural jaw of teeth. Bridges are permanent oral fixtures and are referred to as “fixed bridges” because they stay attached after installation.
What are Dental Bridges Made Of?
A bridge is constructed using several items which work together to form the dental bridge:
The first step is to create two or more crowns, which will be fitted to cover the teeth surrounding each side of the space created by the missing tooth or teeth. These teeth, called “abutment teeth” or “anchoring teeth” act as a foundation for the false teeth which will be installed.
The false teeth, which will be fitted to replace the missing ones, are called “pontics” and are typically made of porcelain. They are installed in your mouth by attaching to the surrounding crowns, which form a “bridge” over the missing tooth area.
When are Bridge Procedures Necessary?
A bridge procedure may be recommended by Dr. Layne to resolve one or more tooth/gum related issues by:
- Maintaining a natural facial shape. Missing teeth can impact the appearance of the jaw and mouth, but can often be remedied by installing a bridge.
- Assisting with chewing and speech. Missing teeth can make it hard for a patient to chew and speak properly.
- Replacing missing teeth. Bridges are most commonly used to replace missing teeth in a patient’s mouth.
- Preventing the remaining teeth from drifting. Teeth may “drift” if not held in place by other teeth, and a bridge can prevent shifting and related issues.
- Restoring a natural-looking smile. Bridge procedures are often beneficial to patients who experience anxiety about the appearance of their smile after losing teeth.
If you think that you may benefit from a dental bridge, make sure to contact our trusted team as soon as possible for an assessment. The gentle and experienced dentists at Carolina Oaks Dental Care will work with you to get your dental issues resolved quickly and painlessly.
Two Kinds of Bridges
There are two commonly used kinds of dental bridges:
- Traditional bridges. This standard method uses crowns to cover the surrounding teeth and to keep the false replacement tooth in place. This style is the most common kind of dental bridge, and the replacement tooth is almost always porcelain.
- Maryland bonded bridges. These are also called resin-bonded bridges, and are usually made of porcelain which is fused to metal or plastic. This style uses a metal framework to keep the bridge in place.
They are happy and have the brightest smile
“I was very impressed with how friendly and helpful everyone was. I love the location, its very convenient to where I work so making it very easy to visit during my lunch hour. Just a great experience, would definitely recommend”
“After moving around the country the last few years I am embarrassed to admit making time for dentist appointments was not a high priority. I went in for a check up and cleaning today and they made me feel very comfortable and welcome. My cleaning was more than a bit over due and I was expecting
to be very sore after. Just the opposite, she was very gentle and understating of my procrastination. I made my next appointments with no hesitation. Pleasant experience and that says a lot when it refers to a dentist appointment”
“Couldn’t be happier! The staff are so friendly and personable; appointments are quick yet thorough. The best service I’ve ever received at a dentist office.”
“The staff is wonderful and extremely helpful!!! I did not hesitate to refer my family and friends.”
“Great dentist office in awesome location…staff is extremely nice, professional, and accommodating. Would definitely recommend this office to anyone looking for a new dentist.”
“I am so happy I decided to pick Carolina Oaks as my new Dentist! They are so friendly. If you need a new dentist, go here! You won’t regret it!”
Get your brightest and healthiest smile now.
Learn more about the benefits of dental bridges by contacting our team of oral care professionals today. At Carolina Oaks Dental Care, your experience is our biggest priority, so call us at 864-261-3132 today.
The Carolina Oaks Anderson, SC office is located next to Starbucks, near Publix in the Anderson Pavillion
1645 East Greenville Street
Anderson, SC 29621
Phone : (864) 261-3132
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday – Thursday
8:30am – 1:00pm
2:00pm – 5:30pm